Spray foam insulation has immediate and long-term benefits that far outweigh the initial costs associated with installation. This insulating and air sealing material provides endless benefits and by investing in spray foam insulation, you will:
- Increase heating and cooling savings
- Improve your HVAC equipment’s performance (uses less effort to heat and cool your home)
- Reduces the allergens, pollutants, and moisture entering your home
- Reduces chance of mold growth
- Your comfort levels increase in your home
- Minimizes noise from external sources (such as plumbing)
- Avoids pests and critters living and nesting in your home (especially your crawlspace)
- Adds structural integrity to your home (especially closed-cell insulation)
- And adds resale value to your home should you choose to sell
I want to show you of a project we recently finished where the owner was having odor issues inside the home. We initially completed an energy audit and had diagnosed that the smell was coming from their crawlspace areas due to an abundant amount of moisture. We applied spray foam to the walls of their crawlspace walls in addition to a crawlspace encapsulation (see our crawlspace encapsulation post here). The final result was a success and the odor has been decreased significantly.
Here are some photos of our spray foam insulation.