The home energy audit is the first step to a lower utility bill, reducing your energy consumption, and resolving comfort issues. Heating and air is the typical “go to” when there is an issue with high bills or comfort problems. In reality, heating and air should be used to tie the whole system together within your home’s energy efficiency. Think about it. If you purchased a new heating and air unit (for thousands of dollars) and you are still losing that air through leakage, what good is your new unit when it’s all leaking out of your home?
This is why a home energy audit is important: to identify the areas where energy is wasted before making huge financial decisions.
Home Energy Rx has completed over 2,000 home energy audits in Arkansas and is the state’s #1 energy resource.
A Home Energy Audit can include:
- Blower door test to measure whole house air leakage
- Duct blaster test to measure duct system leakage
- Assessment of attic and wall insulation
- Ten (10) LED light bulbs
- One (1) electric smart strip
- Low-flow sink aerators and/or showerhead
- Personal energy plan
- Access to financial incentives offered through local utility companies
- Special financing available with approved credit
If you live within Entergy or SWEPCO service areas, the home energy audit is typically at no cost to you, depending on where you live.
If you are interested in signing up for a home energy audit, please fill out the form below. Be sure to check out our FAQ section for common questions.