New Construction Ordinance Alert!
Little Rock Energy Efficiency Ordinance*
New Compliance Required
Effective October 3, 2018
What you need to know*
The Little Rock Arkansas 2014 AR Energy Code amended Ordinance requires more stringent duct testing on new residential construction permitted on or after October 3, 2018 as a condition to issuing a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Ordinance applies to residential new construction only, remodels excluded
- Required duct testing for Certificate of Occupancy [CO]
- Use of spray foam insulation requires additional blower door test
- Exact floor plans for multi-unit structures may be sampled
- Completion test sticker required on electrical panel and front door
- Qualified testers only: HERS rater, BPI-BA or AR HVACR Association certified duct test
What you need to do*
The best way to ensure Ordinance compliance, keep costs down and avoid occupancy delays is to consult with certified energy experts in the early stages of your project design. Home Energy Rx understands the complexities of new construction, tight schedule demands and budget constraints. We’ll work with you to get your testing completed efficiently.
About Home Energy Rx:
Located in Little Rock, Home Energy Rx has performed testing and certifications for over 5,000 homes in Arkansas.
HERx offers independent verification and testing for state and local energy code compliance, as well as nationally recognized, high performance, better-than-code home certification programs. Our energy efficient experts will work with you on the front-end design and construction process to ensure energy efficiencies are maximized within your project budget. We provide all required testing for the new construction ordinance and can resolve any leakage problems identified by the test.
Contact us today
for more information