WaterSense is a voluntary partnership program with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, seeking to protect the future of our nation’s water supply by offering a simple way to use less water with efficient products, certified new homes, and other services.
Home Energy Rx has trained inspectors that are approved to perform the certifying final inspection for a WaterSense new home. WaterSense homes use at least less water than standard new homes, which adds up to 50,000 gallons or more per year. Utility bill savings could amount to $600 per year.
Features and Benefits of WaterSense Homes
- WaterSense labeled, efficient faucets and fixtures.
- Efficient hot water delivery systems, minimizing water and energy waste and maximizing convenience.
- Dishwashers and clothes washer, if installed, are ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Landscape and irrigation system design standards to reduce water consumption.
- Homeowner education and an operating manual are standard.
- All features are verified and tested by a trained third-party inspector.
There is an incremental add-on cost for your ENERGY STAR home. It is a nominal fee, as this is an inspection/testing that is done while we are performing the final ENERGY STAR testing. Contact us for a price quote.